Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More OS Tutorials and Motivation

http://www.osdever.net/tutorials/index

One word: awesome. I'm going to try and spend some time working through these articles in my free time. I've always been interested in OS development but never felt like the topic was that approachable, but things like this and the MikeOS tutorial I talked about before have completely changed my mind about this.

Related to this train of thought...I've been powering through Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. This book is incredible. If you haven't read it, read it. It does a great job of destroying the misconception that successful people just have their knowledge and skills beamed into their head, which is something I still have to tell myself regularly to this day.

Another great link: http://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_mcdougall_are_we_born_to_run.html. This is one of the best TED Talks I've seen in a while, mainly because it very neatly distills the appeal of participating in AustinH3. It also makes me a bit sad at how far we've come from what our bodies are built for, despite all the amazing science and technology we've achieved. But that's a train of thought for a deeper mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice find on the os dev carrie